Zukunft – Umwelt – Gesellschaft (ZUG) gGmbH aids the Federal Environment Ministry in implementing its funding policy aims.
ZUG was founded in September 2017, started working in 2018 and is operating as a fully-independent, federally-owned company. Federal Environment Ministry represents the Federal Government as sole shareholder. With its flexible organisational structures, ZUG consolidates non-ministerial tasks that fall within Federal Environment Ministrys mandate and provides the Ministry with technical as well as administrative support in implementing its funding policy programmes and projects.
At ZUG locations in Bonn, Berlin and Cottbus, more than 600 members of staff work on a wide range of topics which include:
- Climate policy
- Funding for climate action
- Strategies for adaptation to climate change
- Marine Environmental Protection
- Forests and land use
- Climate protection in the energy industry and other industry sectors
- Urban development and mobility
- Artificial Intelligence for climate, environment, and resources
- Power-to-X as alternative to fossil fuels
ZUG manages a wide range of funding projects on behalf of Federal Environment Ministry. You can find our current funding programmes here.